Field Foreman - Nitrogen
Job Description Field Foreman – Nitrogen
The Field Foreman will be responsible for leading and executing projects utilizing program process, execution, deliverables, and standards.
This role will report to the Supervisor and will collaborate with other team members to execute operations, provide technical support, support plans to address growth and industry needs, and ensure all operations are planned, executed, and audited with the highest degree of safety, integrity and excellence. This employee will be professional, self-motivated, resourceful and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide day-to-day operational expertise, business expansion/growth and development for the entire project lifecycle (Design, planning, execution, monitoring, evaluation, close-out, etc.). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain various nitrogen transports and nitrogen pumping equipment
- Performs pre and post trip inspections on trucks and pumping equipment in accordance to DOT and company maintenance checklists
- Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements
- Maintains truck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Willing to drive company vehicles to field locations, which may consist of operating on “off road” conditions persisting of wet or muddy lease roads.
- Operate equipment in all types of weather conditions and adhere to schedule determined by client demand.
- Read maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.
- Maintain required DOT, Federal, State and company records including digital logs and handwritten logs, payroll hours, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports, daily customer service tickets, and shipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations.
- Complete daily project paperwork, including but not limited to JSA’s, daily job logs, job tickets, transport delivery logs, and fuel consumption logs
- Communicate with manager and superintendent regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Other functions as directed by supervisor
- Interaction with clients to support and develop work.
- Ability to lead a group of field technicians and provide training, mentorship and share knowledge.
- Maintain operating objectives for profitability
- Manage and execute projects using traditional project management practices to deliver the highest quality product on time and on budget while minimizing risk through the entire project lifecycle from prospect to closeout. Learn and implement project management per the Project Management Process; Ex.: Ensure completion of required documentation for company specific procedures, processes and specific client's requirements.
- Identify resource needs for each project, and work with project management team to secure resources.
- Ensure all operations are planned, executed, and audited with the highest degree of safety, integrity and excellence. Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate.
- The successful candidate will work directly with its team to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
- Maintain a current understanding of each project’s status and potential future issues, through regular site visits and communications with project personnel and client stakeholders.
- Understand risks, anticipate issues, assess potential impacts, and select appropriate mitigation strategies early. Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others' safety and provide an environment where they feel authorized to stop any unsafe job.
- Provide structure and leadership, setting an example for professionalism and exceeding client expectations.
- Support operations and lead expansion of business opportunities for testing services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work in the field on varying shifts
- Must be able to safely transport hazardous cargo with a possible schedule being 10-14 hours per day
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 55 lbs., and occasionally push and pull 56 – 100 lbs..
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Possess and Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Tanker and Hazardous Materials endorsements
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, fellow employees, and supervisors
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid TWIC card
- Working knowledge of project scopes and schedules
- Minimum of 1 year of Nitrogen Pumping experience with the ability to operate and maintain various styles of Nitrogen pumping equipment
- Ability to travel and work extended hours at field sites to meet project requirements. May work in Field-Site remote areas for project executions for extended periods of time
- Reside within the Houston, Texas Metro area.
Employment Type – Non-Exempt
Full-time 7 Days a week 12-16 Hour Shifts
Based on references and qualifications