The Field Supervisor will be responsible for leading and executing projects utilizing program process, execution, deliverables, and standards.
This role will report primarily to the division operation manager and secondary to each project manager. They will collaborate with onsite client representation and other team members to execute operations, provide technical support, support plans to address growth and industry needs, and ensure all operations are planned, executed, and audited with the highest degree of safety, integrity and excellence. This position will have the ability to manage and handle employee issues and are authorized to engage in employee discipline consistent with current policies. This employee will be professional, self-motivated, resourceful and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
Provide day-to-day support in operational, business expansion/growth and development for the entire project lifecycle (Design, planning, execution, monitoring, evaluation, close-out, etc.). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to manage a project and direct field operations
• Technical lead and Field site execution lead for small to large-size project executions.
• Interaction with clients to support and develop work.
• Ability to lead a group of field technicians and provide training, mentorship and share knowledge.
• Maintain operating objectives for profitability
• Manage and execute projects using traditional project management practices to deliver the highest quality product on time and on budget while minimizing risk through the entire project lifecycle from prospect to closeout. Learn and implement project management per the Project Management Process; Ex.: Ensure completion of required documentation for company specific procedures, processes and specific client's requirements.
• Identify resource needs for each project, and work with project management team to secure resources.
• Ensure all operations are planned, executed, and audited with the highest degree of safety, integrity and excellence. Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate.
• The successful candidate will work directly with its team to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
• Maintain a current understanding of each project’s status and potential future issues, through regular site visits and communications with project personnel and client stakeholders.
• Understand risks, anticipate issues, assess potential impacts, and select appropriate mitigation strategies early. Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others' safety and provide an environment where they feel authorized to stop any unsafe job.
• Provide structure and leadership, setting an example for professionalism and exceeding client expectations.
• Support operations and lead expansion of business opportunities for testing services.
Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experience:
• Midstream pipeline experience
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience (supervisory experience preferred).
• Understanding of Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Valid Drivers License
• Ability to pass client required drug test
• Ability to travel throughout the US
• Working knowledge of project scope, budget, and schedule.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to travel and work extended hours at field sites to meet project requirements. May work in Field-Site remote areas for project executions for extended periods of time.
• Frequent periods of standing for long periods.
• Ability to pass a Fit for Duty test consistent with the job scopes
• Exposure to weather including hot and cold climates.