CDL Driver / Technician
JP Services strives to be the customer's first choice in the pressure test industry. Our crews work primarily in Texas, but also cover the bordering states of Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary - CDL Driver [PECOS, TEXAS]
As a driver, you will deliver and remove equipment and supplies to and from the customer worksite in a vehicle that has a gross weight of more than 26,001 pounds. Drivers must be responsible for their vehicles and loads they transport.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site
• Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
• Long distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
• Perform other duties assigned as by the manager or authorized personnel.
• Complete inspection reports for equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
Definition of Non-CDL Vehicle
Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that meets neither the definition of Class A or Class B requirements (under 26,000 lbs.), but that is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver, or is used in the transportation of materials found to be hazardous for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act and which require the motor vehicle to be placarded under the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CRF part 172, subpart F).
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
• Valid Driver’s license
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management.
• Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.