AST/Water Management Technician
AST/Water Management Technician
The AST Water Management Technician will be responsible for ensuring proper setup and storage of company equipment, specifically above ground storage tanks (AST), water transfer hose, and filtration rig ups.
This role will report to the Foreman and will collaborate with other team members to execute operations, provide technical support, support plans to address growth and industry needs, and ensure all operations are planned, executed, and audited with the highest degree of safety, integrity, and excellence. This employee will be professional, self-motivated, resourceful and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
Provide day-to-day support in operational, business expansion/growth and development for the entire project lifecycle (Design, planning, execution, monitoring, evaluation, close-out, etc.). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technicians assist in the site execution for small to large-size projects.
- Technician should have a working knowledge of different size water storage tanks
- Technician should understand the process around water transfer rig up/rig down and operation.
- Positive Interaction with clients to support the development of work.
- Ability to follow directions and work with a group of field technicians to receive training, mentorship and share knowledge.
- Follow operating objectives and policies
- Assist to execute projects using traditional project management practices to deliver the highest quality product on time and on budget while minimizing risk through the entire project lifecycle from prospect to closeout. Additionally, learn and complete required documentation for company specific procedures, processes, and specific client's requirements.
- Ensure all operations are planned, executed, and audited with the highest degree of safety, integrity and excellence. Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate.
- Understand risks, anticipate issues, assess potential impacts, and select appropriate mitigation strategies. Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures, and processes. Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others' safety and know that they are expected to stop any unsafe job.
- Support to validate operating procedures are in place and adequately reflect steps needed to safely deploy and execute projects
- Set an example for professionalism and exceeding client expectations.
Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experience:
- Midstream pipeline experience in hydrotest and Integrity is preferred.
- Experience rigging up and rigging down Above Ground Storage Tanks (AST).
- Experience rigging up, operating, and rigging down water transfer materials.
- Ability to learn and understand the Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to be a contributing part of a team.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass client required drug test
- Ability to travel throughout the US
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours at field sites to meet project requirements
- Will work in remote areas for extended periods of time
- Frequent periods of standing for long periods.
- Ability to pass a Fit for Duty test consistent with the job scopes
- Exposure to weather including hot and cold climates.