CDL Transport Driver - Nitrogen Division
Join Our Team! JP Services strives to be the customer's first choice in the pressure test industry. Applicant MUST live in the Houston area and have a valid CDL and Hazmat Endorsement or their application will not be considered. Applicant must have valid TWIC card or be able to obtain TWIC card.
Our crews work primarily in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico, but will occasionally travel out to greater distances to cover our customer’s projects.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees. As a highly successful company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary As a nitrogen transport driver, you will transport liquid nitrogen and nitrogen pumping equipment to and from our customer’s worksites in a vehicle that has a gross weight of more than 26,001 pounds. Drivers must be responsible for their vehicles and loads they transport.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following but not limited to:
· Performs pre and post trip inspections on trucks and pumping equipment in accordance to DOT and company maintenance checklists
· Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements
· Maintains truck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on equipment as needed.
· Willing to drive company vehicles to field locations, which may consist of operating on “off road” conditions persisting of wet or muddy lease roads.
· Operate equipment in all types of weather conditions and adhere to schedule determined by client demand.
· Read maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.
· Maintain required DOT, Federal, State and company records including digital logs and handwritten logs, payroll hours, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports, daily customer service tickets, and shipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations.
· Communicate with manager and superintendent regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
· Other functions as directed by supervisor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be available to work in the field on varying shifts
· Must be able to safely transport hazardous cargo with a possible schedule being 10-14 hours per day
· Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
· Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
· Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 55 lbs., and occasionally push and pull 56 – 100 lbs..
· Must be able to work extended hours/weekends, plus overnight stays when necessary.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
· May be exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts.
· Drug-free, tobacco-free workplace
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
· Possess and Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Tanker and Hazardous Materials endorsements
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, fellow employees, and supervisors
· Ability to effectively present information to top management.
· Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Possess or be able to obtain a valid TWIC card
Employment Type / Non-Exempt
Full-time (7) 14 Hour Days
· Based on experience and references
Job Type: Full-time